Thursday, June 10, 2010

Fertilizer Friday In my Cottage Garden

The garden is full of variety. Here a clematis (? Jackmanii) peeks over the fence.


These two clematis are planted in the same location and share a trellis. You can see the purple one is flowering toward the top of the fence, then heading over the fence (previous shot).

Looking from north to south, you can see roses, peonies and a lot of green.



The Asiatic lilies have just started to bloom. I have lots of them but so far this is the only one blooming. Two years ago, the deer ate all the buds off and I got zero blooms. Now I keep up with "deer fence."


Gladiator allium looks neat even after the blooms are gone. I hear some people spray paint these for effect.  Others dry them and use them inside for decorating.





The yarrow is splendid this year. I have red, pink and white. It will produce many seeds and I will be happy to share.





Did you know I am having a Starbucks giftcard giveaway at my other blog, Food As Art?  There will actually be THREE winners! Click here for entry information.

I am participating in Fertilizer Friday at Tootsie Time. I urge you to head over and see all the beautiful gardens!


21 comments:

  1. Your flowers are gorgeous and I am so envious. Wish I had your touch. Have a great day today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth,
    Your flowers are all gorgeous as usual. Such a delightful tour.
    Hope you are doing well,
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous garden I love the clematis. I have lavender yarrow, I didn't know it made seeds. I would love the yarrow in the other colors. ~Alasandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are all great pics of your garden - you are very good at taking care of them! I would not be so lucky if I had that many flowers around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, your garden is breathtakingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always impressed with your gorgeous blooms; your garden is really stunning!...Kisses to Gracie, how is she doing these days?...So sorry to hear about your daughters cat, Cocoa; it is never easy to say goodbye a loved one, but their love is with you forever...Please give your daughter my best, along with my sympathy for her loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden is beautiful. We loves the picshur with the daisies and the chair. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garden is just amazing Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All are so gorgeous ... particularly liked your Asiatic lily! Loved the garden view looking north to south.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's all so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful garden. The pail hanging from the pump is a great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, my. Everything is so beautiful. I love how you put 2 different colored clemantis next to each other. Stunning as always.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the vines! Your garden is beyond gorgeous! I am attempting to do a memorial garden in the backyard this weekend. You have helped inspire me!

    From 15, down to 2 in your TNR'd colony, wow!! If that isn't proof that the humane method of TNR works, I don't know what is!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's always interesting to see how things bloom differently in different parts of the country. Here in MI the peonies are done. My clematis is new this year and just plugging along. I didn't have too much success with yarrow, but that was years ago.... maybe it's time to give it a shot again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. YOur clematis are so unique! I love the water and barrel art. Everything looks great! Paula from Idaho

    ReplyDelete
  16. the jackmani's purple is perfect with the gray of the fence! Larry

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful garden; all the flowers are so pretty. I love your yarrow. I've never seen a red one before.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beth, your two clematis growing side by side are just spectacular! I saw one with HUGE blooms while out driving & wanted to stop to take photos but didn't have my camera. I need to go back. The blooms were enormous!

    The little flower in the bucket is a cute touch of whimsey! ~big smile~ :-D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Beth, thanks for stopping by my blog! I LOVE comments too! As for the hydrangeas changing color according to the acidity of the soil, I believe you are right. However I think that only applies to french hydrangeas. The ones I have are Endless Summer. I haven't read alot about them, but the soil may affect their bloom color too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh girl...it is all just gorgeous!!! I am in love with that old chair in your garden. Have always wanted one in mine!!!

    ReplyDelete

I treasure comments and read each one. Hope you enjoyed your visit to Beyond The Garden Gate!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails