Saturday, July 10, 2010

Blue Flowers and Bluebirds


It's Blue Monday! Join Smiling Sally for lots of great blues today!











This is Nigella - Love-in-a-mist. I don't have this in my garden yet, but I've planted seeds and am hopeful. It is an annual that reseeds.


Centaura - perennial bachelor's button


Endless Summer Hydrangea here and in photo below. I used aluminum sulfate to acidify the soil in an effort to turn the flowers blue. Some look more lavender that blue, though. That means the soil is not quite acidic enough.





This spring two bluebirds checked out this birdhouse. It didn't meet their specifications, and they moved on. (Click on photo to enlarge)

A friend built me a bluebird house, so I'm ready to host them next year!  Thanks, Denny!!!

Now hop on over to see the others participating in Blue Monday. Click here to visit Smiling Sally's blog.

4 comments:

  1. Stunningly beautiful blue blooms, they are unique and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything sure is bluetiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blue hydrangeas, Beth.

    Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Beth, lovely blues today. I hope your blue birds come back next year. At least you will be ready with your new bluebird house.The hydrangeas are so pretty.

    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete

I treasure comments and read each one. Hope you enjoyed your visit to Beyond The Garden Gate!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails