Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Royal Wedding

Westminster Abbey, site of the Royal Wedding

The Queen's car makes its way to the Abbey.


Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip arrive.


She looks very happy.


The grandparents greet Prince Charles and Camilla.


A first glance at the princess-to-be and the dress


Kate and her father in the Rolls Royce on their way to the ceremony




The adoring public


Pippa and the bridesmaids



Kate arrives at the church.



Pippa adjusts the train while the bride and her father share a smile.











The handsome groom and his also handsome brother enter the church.











Mother of the bride

"Who gives this woman to be married to this man?"



















The royal kiss

Have a wonderful weekend - I'm sure the newlyweds will!

Warm Regards,
Beth


9 comments:

  1. Wasn't it wonderful, made me proud to be British. Thankyou for your lovely tribute to our great British Monarchy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so fun to watch Beth! A true fairy tale:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, thank you for posting this, Beth. I didn't get up to watch the wedding and was curious about Kate's dress. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great presentation of the royal wedding here. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Beth,
    What a wonderful wedding it was,
    loved every minute of it.
    They are an adorable couple, and I pray they live happily ever after
    forever.....or at least until death do they part! which hopefully should be a very long time.

    I am guessing you enjoyed it much too. It was very refreshing.
    Blessings, Nellie
    Are you doing okay???

    ReplyDelete
  6. I watched part of the wedding. A very small part. I kept thinking about Diana's wedding long ago and it made me sad. I know she was looking down on them and smiling like any mother that is taken too soon. I was trying to find the Diana engagement ring that my mom bought long ago. No luck though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a lovely wedding! We got up early to watch from Canada. Your blog is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We enjoyed watching the event on TV. It was a really nice way to celebrate my and John's birthday....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Beth
    Watching the wedding later with my daughter (we were shopping in Buffalo) it reminded me that growing up in school we used to sing God Save the Queen until O Canada was written.
    Hugs,
    Judith

    ReplyDelete

I treasure comments and read each one. Hope you enjoyed your visit to Beyond The Garden Gate!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails