Monday, November 4, 2013

All Things Pumpkin

Pumpkins are for decorating.










Pumpkin is for cooking, too. Making super-delicious goodies, great for fall, but yummy anytime!

 'Landon' by Noritake


Tea and pumpkin bread - always good together.


 Also good - you just can't beat a pumpkin bar!


 The cup and saucer are Delft, made in Holland. They were actually purchased in The Netherlands. My grandmother collected teacups, and her nephew brought this back for her from a trip.


 This is 'Blue Bonnet' by Harmony House. I thought its blue and whites would go well with the Delft. It's a thrift store find.


The recipe for my pumpkin bars is at the end of this post. I've been making these for nearly 30 years; I got the recipe from a friend way back then.


This is Kylee's Pumpkin Torte. It is the most delicious pumpkin dessert I've ever had! Kylee blogs at Our Little Acre, and you can find her recipe here.


 Pumpkin torte tastes extra good with tea.





Kutschenreuther Selb from Bavaria     I bought these at a thrift store too.


One cannot mention "all things pumpkin" without talking about pumpkin pie!

 I have two favorite pumpkin pie recipes. The first is from the Libby's pumpkin label. It's a mild but absolutely delicious pie, which I'm sure most of you have tried (pictured).

For a spicier pumpkin pie, try this recipe.


 Pumpkin PIE, and Pumpkin CHAI





 Pumpkin chai from David's Tea, in my Aynsley teacup (thrift store find). In the photos, it looks coral colored but it is actually bronze/brown.

Pumpkin chai: "This autumn treat has it all. Cinnamon, cloves, and cardamom, plus the sweetness of caramel and pumpkin candy."  Note: I like this year round!





The recipe I promised:

Barb's Pumpkin Bars

4 eggs
1 2/3 cup sugar
1 cup oil
15 oz pumpkin
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda

Beat eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin until light and fluffy. Stir together dry ingredients; then add to pumpkin mixture. Bake in an ungreased 15x10x1 pan for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees. Frost with cream cheese icing.


It's Autumn! Enjoy some pumpkin!



Last, but not least, if you want pumpkin but aren't in a baking mood, how about a Dairy Queen Pumpkin pie blizzard? Mmmmmm!

Linking to Tea Time Tuesday, Friends Sharing Tea, A Return to Loveliness, and Tuesday Cuppa Tea






LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails