Sunday, February 3, 2013

A Valentine's Tea, just for me

I was in the mood to bake cookies for Valentine's Day. I altered my Christmas sugar cookie recipe to make it chocolate. Then, I put on the tea kettle and made myself a cup of tea to drink with my snack.

 When we went to Dubuque last fall, I found this brown transferware teacup at an antique store.



I find the design enchanting. There was no saucer, but a plain white one will do.


 The cup is ironstone 'Royal Mail' by Myott. (Thanks to Ruth of Antiques and Teacups for information on my teacup!)  The bottom of the cup shows wear, but the rest of it looks nice.


 Faux white roses in a red vase look nice on the table for Valentine's Day.


 In my cup:  Stash Licorice Spice herbal tea - delicious!


Decorated cookies, plus a cupcake from the bakery. It all made for a nice tea time for me this cold winter day.

The cookie recipe came from Jacqueline at Purple Chocolat Home and can be found here.

The original recipe calls for a French Vanilla cake mix. I used chocolate this time. Jacqueline's vanilla has become my go-to recipe for cut-out cookies. Easy and delicious. It makes a small batch (about 15 cookies), so you may wish to double the recipe.


Linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea, Friends Sharing Tea, Tea Time Tuesday, Teacup Tuesday, and A Return to Loveliness

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails