Monday, March 11, 2013

Tea and Ireland

 In 2001, I had the privilege of visiting Ireland. 


 The Irish countryside - an amazing 40 shades of green; from the air, it looks like a patchwork quilt!


A quaint Irish town


I've heard that everyone is a little bit o' Irish on St. Patrick's Day. I know that I enjoy making "Irish" goodies in my kitchen; how about you?

 Corned beef and cabbage and all the accompaniments (carrots, potatoes, onions) - we Americans think this is THE quintessential St. Paddy's Day fare, accompanied, of course, by green beer!


 Tea with shamrock sugar cookies


Irish soda bread scones


Orange Chocolate Chip Drop Scones
The scones aren't Irish, but the placemat and napkin (lace from Ireland) are!


A Belleek vase purchased in Ireland


Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Linking to Tea Time Tuesday, Friends Sharing Tea, A Return to Loveliness, Tuesday Cuppa Tea




LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails