Monday, September 23, 2013

O Canada, and Tea

Recently I had the privilege of visiting two antique malls in Kalona, Iowa. I collect teacups and blue glass, as well as china, so you can bet I had a lot of fun perusing the many items for sale.

Normally I shop thrift stores, but some of the antique store finds were quite reasonably priced. For example, I got the lovely teacup below for just $6.00.

 "From Sea to Sea" is part of the Canada series made by Royal Albert. It features maple leaves and a Canadian flag.


 The handle has an interesting shape.


 Maple leaves grace the inside of the cup as well.




 I set up my tea tray this morning, carrying out the autumn leaves theme.






 A slice of pumpkin bread went well with my Chai Spice tea (by Stash). (Tea recommendation of Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage)

I tried to find information on my teacup, but about all I could find is that it is a discontinued pattern. If anyone has any info to share, I'd appreciate hearing it.


I hope that my Canadian friends enjoyed seeing this teacup in their honor, and want to wish you an early Happy Thanksgiving.

Linking to Tea Time Tuesday, Friends Sharing Tea, A Return to Loveliness, Teacup Tuesday and Teacup Tuesday

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails