Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The year in review: 2013 (part I)

Welcome to a review of some favorite images about the goins' on in my world in 2013. Here's part I, which encompasses the first half of the year. 

January:


 A tiny puppy...we got Josey Rose, a Miniature Schnauzer, on December 28, 2012.


 A primula (primrose) in the garden showing some green


Lamium 'White Nancy' was also still green in January

February:

 A trip to a warm place, the Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden








 A Valentine Tea






March:


 After her first grooming


 Relaxing on the couch: Josey and Gracie


 First blooms: Snowdrops


A bluebird in the yard - they checked things out here, but unfortunately they didn't nest in our yard.

April:


 Primula


 Flowers blooming in earnest: here, a daffodil


Such pretty tulips

May:


 Our "hosta farm" - notice the horses (not ours) in the pasture behind us
If you look closely, you can see a tiny Japanese maple in the center foreground, as well as the composter built by my husband and our garden shed.






 Creeping phlox and a lonely tulip


Trip to a tea room (Shay's in Newton, Iowa)
I'm on the left and my friend Rita is on the right.

June:


 Majestic color: larkspur, clematis, beebalm, yucca, fairy roses


 Clematis 'Piilu'


 An oriental poppy


A favorite flower, lupine

As you can see, I am all about gardening. Because there is so much to show, I'm going to continue my year in review in a second installment. I hope you have enjoyed these images. Seeing them again has brought me much joy, particularly on this 10 degree day in cold, snowy Iowa!






LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails