Saturday, May 17, 2014

Tulips peaking in what "must" be the tulip capital of Iowa



Tulip Time was, and always is, the first Thursday, Friday, and Saturday in May. 

My friend and I went to Pella a week after Tulip Time and as you will see, the tulips were at peak beauty! 

Here I am, posing with a "river of tulips." This was in Sunken Gardens Park, where there is a pond in the shape of a wooden shoe. I think you'd need to get a picture from above to be able to see the shape, and I didn't have the opportunity to climb up in the windmill to get the shot (lol).








 My friend Marilee poses in front of a bed of tulips in Pella's Central Park, in the downtown area.


 The Historic Village


Marilee and I had lunch at the Tulip Tea Room.

A few more tulips:






I am inspired! Inspired to plant more tulips this fall, for oh, how I love tulips!








LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails