Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The year in review: 2013 (part II)

I'm doing a pictoral review of 2013. The previous post is January through June, and this post concludes 2013.

It was a good year overall. We acquired a new grandson which was the highlight of the year.

Gardening presented a few challenges. The spring was quite wet; in fact, there was some flooding in our area. Then came a hot, dry summer. We'd had drought in 2012 and I'm not sure we're up to where we should be yet in terms of soil moisture.

Nonetheless, I enjoyed my flowers!

July:


It's a coneflower extravanganza! It's one of my favorite flowers, and I have hundreds, if not thousands of blooms in my gardens.




Stargazer lilies, a florists' favorite. Love their fragrance!

And below, a few daylilies -

'Sunday Gloves'


Wilson seedling


'Startle'


Also in July, we took a really fun vacation. Can you guess where this is? The answer is at the end of the post by the *.

August:


 'Heavenly Blue' morning glory


 This is the view from the east side of the patio.


 We were blessed with many tomatoes to eat and share.


 A luxurious display of petunias in the window box


Garden phlox I received many years ago from my mother-in-law

September


 "I have my new sweater and I'm all ready for Halloween."


 Tea in a pretty teacup


 Mums on the porch and a not so scary scarecrow


Monarch on Verbena bonariensis

October


 A Garden Visitor


 Color in the garden




 A visit to Miss Spenser's Tea Room




Donna and Spenser of Miss Spenser's Special-Teas

November:


 Fall color






First snow

December:






Hope your 2013 was good. Ours was. To conclude, I can't resist sharing one of my favorite garden images ever.

Here's to great weather, great gardens, and of course peace, joy, and good health in the coming year.

*Our vacation destination was Mackinac Island, Michigan. Shown is an overlook onto Lake Huron.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails