Saturday, August 24, 2013

Late August in the gardens

Clematis 'Princess Diana' is a late-bloomer this year. Earlier, it developed wilt and I cut it all the way back and applied a copper fungicide. Surprise! It grew back and bloomed.


I'm growing glads this summer too. I enjoy them as cut flowers as well as in the garden.


This is one of my tranquil places in the garden. I love to relax on the patio. The view is unbelievable! :)


Tomatoes are abundant this summer, just as they were last year. I eat some, freeze some, and give some away.


I enjoy a wide variety of colors of phlox in the gardens.


Lobularia 'Snow Princess,' french vanilla marigolds, and pansies intermingle. I've never seen pansies bloom all summer long before.


A type of primrose, I believe this is also referred to as a sundrop.


The Mystery Plant - can you guess what this prolific self-seeder is?



Have a blessed day!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails