Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Every day brings change in the garden

Every day things look different in the garden. For instance, the white peonies that were gorgeous yesterday have brown edges today, and the closed buds on the Martagon lily are beginning to open today.

My Martagon lily - I know it is a "species" lily but don't know a specific name.







 The lupines, one of my favorite flowers, are blooming now.




 There are many clematis at Sunsplash Gardens; this one is happily climbing up a birdhouse pole. I don't know the name.


 'Josephine', a favorite of mine


 'Piilu'


 'Piilu' is a small (short) clematis.


 'Proteus' on the left and 'Princess Diana' on the right


 'Rebecca'


 Geranium 'Johnson Blue' is just full of color!


 The orange Oriental Poppy is blooming now too.


 Baptisia


 Wrens are building in this gourd birdhouse.


 Anemone


Supertunia 'Vista Bubblegum' is filling in nicely. This is a fantastic petunia and I use her throughout the gardens.

Have a happy day! I am preparing for company - my daughter and family are coming this weekend! Yippee!


14 comments:

Garden Fancy said...

How absolutely lovely, Beth! What a wonderful time of year. Everything looks so fresh and colorful -- this must truly be the best time in gardens. Thanks so much for posting your photos of your beautiful gardens (and I might have to get one of those martagon lilies -- that's impressive!). -Beth

Lynn@Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Your lily is spectacular Beth! Enjoy your company:@)

BEACH BUNGALOW said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BEACH BUNGALOW said...

I love Lupin too, but they never last more than a few years for me. Do you find that also?

S
xo

Merlesworld said...

You have a great flower display, but my favourites are always the lilly.
Merle...........

daisy g said...

Such gorgeous examples of spring! Those lupines are amazing. Can't grow them down here, so I'll just admire yours. Love the gourd house too!

Liz said...

Just wonderful to look at!! I have grabbed a few ideas I want in my garden. Thanks for sharing these great pics!

Sonia said...

My goodness!! I love those lilies and your collection of clematis is just amazing! I love all your varieties! Always fun to visit your garden!
Miss Bloomers

relevanttealeaf said...

After a long dormant winter, Sunsplash Garden is bursting with color! Love the name you've given your garden. Have fun with your daughter. Does she like to garden too?

Amy at love made my home said...

Everything looks beautiful, so many different blooms and colours! It must be a real pleasure to wander around your garden right now. xx

Valerie said...

It is all so lovely! Blessings, Valerie

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Goodness Beth, my clematis won't be blooming for a week or two yet, so I'm really enjoying yours. The lily is spectacular,I don't grow any of these.
Enjoy the weekend with your family, hope you have good weather.
Hugs.

Diane at My Cottage Garden said...

Beth, everything is looking so lovely. I'm sure I've told you before, but I just love that grey fence as a backdrop to the perennials.

Donna said...

Hope you had a grand weekend....isn't it just glorious when the garden finally bursts into bloom...looking incredible there.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails