Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Beauty of Primulas

I haven't grown many Primula in my garden - yet. But based upon the beauties I've seen on the blogs, I'm giving it strong consideration.

Perennial primula grow mostly in the spring. They are native to the northern hemisphere, south into Ethiopia, Indonesia, and New Guinea and in temperate parts of the southern hemisphere. Many species are adapted to alpine climates.

Below you will see some primula growing in a garden in Iowa. Aren't they beautiful?

If you have any tips on growing primula in Zone 5, I'm all ears!


Primula 'Paragon' 


Primula X Pruhonica


Primula 'Sunshine'


Primula 'Rosetta Red'


Primula 'Cockburniana'

All photos courtesy of An Iowa Garden. Used with permission. 

Linking to Fertilizer Friday today - please go over to see all the beautiful flowers.

Thanks for visiting!

Beth


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails