Friday, October 17, 2014

The Color of Autumn

Summer is my favorite season, but Autumn is so glorious when the leaves begin to turn. Last Monday it rained all day long and we ended up with 2.1" of rain. We actually saw flooding of a medium-sized creek from the rainfall.

 Flooded Four Mile Creek on 10/13/2014


 I took this photo near the bike trail right by Four Mile Creek - color was just beginning to show.


 I took a photo walk yesterday, and captured a few brilliant trees. The pictures really don't do them justice.






 In my garden, I've begun mulching with pine needles. These mums are a little bit of color and bloom still present.


Looking over the backyard - you can see a few trees turning - and a bit of the construction project that is underway. More on that next week.

I hope you are enjoying colorful Autumn in your neck of the woods!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails