Sunday, November 2, 2014

A new teacup for Tea Time

Recently I was gifted with this pretty new teacup. It belonged to my grandmother, who collected teacups - and also was a "big time" gardener - guess who I took after in those two interests!



This is a Staffordshire teacup. I think it's really pretty.



 Today I'm enjoying Raspberry Royale black tea.


My nosh is a slice of Dr. Pepper cake - my first time to make this, I find it's very much like my very favorite chocolate cake, Texas Sheet Cake.  The main difference is that this cake uses Dr. Pepper for the liquid. If you want the actual Dr. Pepper cake recipe, you can find it here.

Texas Sheet Cake

1 cup butter
3 T. cocoa
1 cup water

Heat the above to boiling and add:
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 cup milk
1 t. soda
1/2 t. salt
2 beaten eggs
1 t. vanilla

Bake in 12x18 pan for 20 minutes at 350. Top with 12 to 18 marshmallows and bake 2 minutes longer and spread while hot. Frost when cool with icing. (Note: I often omit the marshmallows, and I also usually bake this in a 13x9 pan.)

Icing for Texas Sheet Cake

1/2 cup butter
3 T. cocoa
1 t. vanilla
6 T. milk

Heat the above ingredients, then add powdered sugar to desired consistency, beating until thick and fluffy.


Today I'm joining in tea parties at:
Rose Chintz Cottage
Martha's Favorites
Bernideen's Tea Time Blog
Tuesday Cuppa Tea

as well as
Mosaic Monday at Lavender Cottage

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails