Monday, April 9, 2012

The glory of spring

Welcome to Beyond The Garden Gate. I love blogging about my garden and another passion, tea. Sit down with a cuppa and browse a bit. I'm so glad you came!

The flowering crab anchors the west end of the triangle bed. This bed also contains a large boulder, which doesn't really look so large when compared to the tree - lol. In addition, there are burning bushes, hostas, a tiny Fraser fir, a knockout rose, a black spruce, and two young buckeye trees.



View from above: the crabapple and a European mountain ash

Stunning!
Can I you tell I adore this tree?

The redbud begins spring with its tiny purplish flowers. The flowers go away, and the leaves then come.

The dogwood has many blooms this year. This little tree is only about 4 feet tall and  is situated in the cottage garden. It won't get much bigger which means it is perfect for its location.


Old-fashioned lilacs are a wonderful addition to any garden, and I love having a vase of them inside. They smell so good!


Lilac 'Sensation'

The blueberries are thriving - they are loaded with blooms, soon to become berries.


Still enjoying the cheerful color provided by daffodils




Muscari (grape hyacinths) are an easy-to-grow spring bulb.

Pink forget-me-nots
These are a short-lived perennial, or biennial. They self-seed and spread readily.

Look at that color!

I never tire of looking at the bluebells in this woodland-like area in the rocky garden.






"My green thumb came only as a result of the mistakes I made while learning to see things from the plant's point of view."
~ H. Fred Dale

Have a joyous spring!
Beth

Linking with:

Bloomin' Tuesday
Garden Tuesday
Tuesday Greens
Tuesday Garden Party
Fertilizer Friday






23 comments:

  1. Hi Beth
    So much colour! You have chosen your plants wisely for succession of bloom.
    I wish I had the pink forget-me-nots; maybe you can save me some seed this year please?
    Hugs,
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos, Beth! Thanks for sharing their beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just love that tree, what a bright color :) :) Oh, lilacs are my new favorite. Some of my neighbors grow lilacs in their yards. It's such a beautiful, beautiful plant :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth, thank you so much for visiting and your sweet comment.

    I'm lingering about in your beautiful garden... I hope you don't mind :). It will be a few weeks before our gardens come into bloom ... but your photos have certainly ease the wait. Happy Easter Monday xo Blessings, HHL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that pink tree is totaly gorgeous! All your blooms are stunning my friend. How wonderful to spend time drinking a cup of coffee or tea, or wine in that fabulous garden, filled with so much beauty of nature to admire! Have a lovely week dear Beth. Thanks for your sweet and kind visit. Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful blooms, love your crabapple tree, very nice! Happy Gardening!
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have the most gorgeous gardens Beth! I just so enjoy seeing the pics!
    We are having a cold snap and I am so hoping my lilacs are not going to be hurt. Our's aren't in bloom yet but they budded out so early and now this cold weather.
    What a spring!
    Hugs friend,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Beth,
    you have a beautiful garden like a paradise. This vibrant purple is amazing in spring time. What a happy color. I love your blooming trees and the plants also. Thank you for sharing this delight with us.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jeg kom bare lige forbi din blog.
    Gode bileder.
    Hvor har du dog mange smukke planter i din have.
    Tak for kigget.
    Ha´ en god dag.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous!! THank you for linking up to Garden Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness. I would love to visit your garden! I am still trying to learn what grows in my area. It's difficult. Lilacs are a favorite that I miss greatly!
    I have to go back and look at your pics again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness what an eye catcher that flowering crab is! You have some beautiful coloring going on right now Beth. I would love to buy some of the pink forget me not seeds from you if you have any extra.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Beth,

    What gorgeous color you have in your yard. I just love pink blossoms and your flowering crab is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Each of your pictures was fabulous! Such gorgeous vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous blooms in such vibrant colours.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great pictures! That tree is stunning. And I would love to have one of the Sensation lilacs. So, so pretty. I have a light purple like the first one and a dark purple.
    LOVE the quote at the end. I'll have to write that one down.
    I'm coming by from An Oregon Cottage. Now I shall poke around a bit more.....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Muscari? I've never heard of that one, but it is G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!! Your blooms are so colorful. What a beautiful display.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful spring colors! I love the lilac Sensation. Lovely! Jean

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay! Spring has come your way, and lovely it is! I hope my stand of Virginia bluebells spreads like yours. How exciting to see the blooms on the blueberries!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Beth,
    I stumbled across your beautiful blog this morning and I am so glad that I did! Your garden is a beauty and the colours are so cheerful. Your photos put a smile on my face and now I am longing for my garden to burst into bloom.
    I love your kitties, too. Cat people are good people! Lol
    I'll see you again soon...
    Linda at Beautiful Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  21. wonderful pics. your flowers are so beautiful :) i am your new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Spring is beautiful where you are. Love all the pinks and purples. Pink dogwood is stunning. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beth, don't you love the pinks and purples of spring, with the bright splashes of yellow? Your garden has such pretty color! I enjoyed walking through it with you. Happy FF! ~~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete

I treasure comments and read each one. Hope you enjoyed your visit to Beyond The Garden Gate!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails