Saturday, May 19, 2012

Another post - just 'cuz there are SO MANY BLOOMERS!

The garden is spectacular, with the best yet to come. I can't resist the urge to grab my camera and head out daily, or even more frequently. So much to see. So much to be proud of. For you see, I have lots of sweat equity here.

As Lou Erickson said, "Gardening requires lots of water-most of it in the form of perspiration."

In 2003, we removed our above-ground swimming pool.

Somedays I miss the pool. Overall, though, I'm glad we decided to turn the area into a large cottage garden. The gardening journey began in earnest in 2004. By 2011, it was good enough to warrant a spot on the Polk County Master Gardeners Tour which drew over 500 visitors.

And it just keeps getting better. It delights me every day.



Have you ever seen a prettier annual than Love-in-a-mist? Easy to grow, stunning, and free seeds will be available this fall to anyone who emails me and requests them (Canada and U.S.).



Tradescantia



Tradescantia 'Sweet Kate' 



Nepeta 'Walker's Low'



Daisies



Clematis 'Proteus'



Clematis 'Piilu' is full of blooms. A close-up below:







Unknown clematis



 Spotted bellflower



Foxglove 



Lupine



Thanks for visiting!

"Let no one think that real gardening is a bucolic and meditative occupation. It is an insatiable passion, like everything else to which a man gives his heart." ~Karel Capek

Hugs,
Beth

8 comments:

Corner Gardener Sue said...

I can see why you posted again. I love the blue of your love in a mist. I may request some seeds if mine don't do much. I have one plant, but its flowers are white. I planted some more seeds from a seed packet, and they are coming up. If they turn out not to be blue, I'll let you know. It would be nice to get some seeds from some plants that have been coming up each year in a garden.

relevanttealeaf said...

Oh my! Your garden is spectacular, indeed! You have every right to be proud. My daughter gave me a beautiful plant for Mother's day. I'm praying I can keep it alive!

Barbara F. said...

I am so dumb, but I always get confused with annual and perennial, annual means they must be planted each season right? I would love some seeds in the fall. Thanks! xo

Lavender Cottage said...

Hello Beth
I am waiting patiently for my nigella to bloom, it is such a romantic cottage garden plant. You have so much flowering right now, I'm glad you shared all the beauty.
Hugs,
Judith

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Hi Beth,
Your garden is beautiful with all the flowering plants. I know how you feel about all the beauty and wanting to just be there among the flowers. Its been in the 80's here the past few days and I can almost see my plants grow. Lilacs are starting to bloom now. I too was on a garden tour back in 2003. It was a beautiful day. Thanks for sharing and have a good week.
Nancy

MAXMOM IN SOUTH AFRICA said...

I am sure you must have the most beautiful garden in the world. Your passion is evident in those blooms. What a joy!

lavendergardencottage.blogspot.com said...

You have a gorgeous garden! So beautiful!

Donna Heber said...

Hi Beth,

Your garden blooms are fantastic, especially your Love-in-a-mist. Do you sow the seeds indoors?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails