Thursday, June 28, 2012

More Delightful Daylilies

Today I'm showing more daylilies - I have many. I don't really have mass plantings; mine are all specimen plants (at least they are to me!)

Before you look at the garden beauty, consider this bit of wisdom for sometimes frustrated gardeners:

"It takes awhile to grasp that not all failures are self-imposed, the result of ignorance, carelessness or inexperience. It takes awhile to grasp that a garden isn't a testing ground for character and to stop asking, what did I do wrong? Maybe nothing." ~Eleanor Perenyi



'French Tudor' 



 Unknown cultivar



'Strawberry Candy'
Ooh la la, isn't she a beauty?!!!


 'Flaming Frolic'


'Happy Apple' 




 'Janice Brown'


'Joel'


 'Bold Stripe'
Guilty as charged: I've shown this one before but it is just so fabulous, I never tire of looking at it.



 'Lacy Doily'


'Perfect Pink Princess' 


Also in the garden: lupine and rudbeckia




 Echinacea above and below - these delightful natives repeat very frequently in my garden, because I adore them. Every fall I sprinkle seeds to grow more of them; they're pretty good about self-seeding too. Coneflowers are good flowers to make a statement and feed birds in the winter garden too.



The white one is 'White Swan.' The purples: not sure; I have many. I also have a brilliant yellow and a striking orange in my gardens.



'Custard Candy'
Still a top contender for my favorite of all; what do you think? Do you like Strawberry Candy or Bold Stripe better than this one? Or another daylily altogether?


"In order to live off a garden, you practically have to live in it." ~Frank McKinney Hubbard

With my very large gardens, I am spending MANY hours working outside these days. I try to keep up with your blog posts as well as I can, while at the same time keeping up my home, garden, and life in general.


"Earth is here so kind, that just tickle her with a hoe and she laughs with a harvest." ~Douglas William Jerrold

Linking to Fertilizer Friday

Thanks for visiting!

Beth


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails