Monday, June 11, 2012

Tea in the garden

Welcome to my garden, today a place to sip a cup of tea and have a delightful treat amongst the flowers.

"Tea is drunk to forget the din of the world." ~T'ien Yiheng


In my garden are many flowers...


 A lavender hydrangea of the Endless Summer type



 I work at changing some of my Endless Summer hydrangeas from pink to blue by altering the pH of the soil from alkaline (pink) to acid (blue). Note above: blossoms pinkish-lavender on the inside with blue edges - blooms in transition




My hand on Allium 'Giganteum' to demonstrate its size

I have tea set up for us on the patio.



This is the patio, under the deck, in Sunsplash Gardens (Ron and I have recently named our gardens). I've set up a tea tray with my Dutch teapot and a 'Liberty Blue' tea cup and saucer.

Also in my garden: rhubarb, and I've made a dessert bar called Rhubarb Meringue.







Paul Revere's ride is featured on the 'Liberty Blue' cup.



 Rhubarb Meringue - to increase its deliciousness, add ice cream or whipped topping. I've shared the recipe below.







A few more garden views for you to enjoy:


























Catbird



Thanks for joining me for tea in my garden today!

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on." ~Billy Connolly

Rhubarb Meringue

1-1/2 cups flour
7 tblsp powdered sugar
3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted

Mix the above together and press into a 9x13 pan. Bake for 15 in. at 350 degrees.

3 eggs
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup flour
3 cups rhubarb, cut up
1 tsp baking powder

Mix the above together and pour onto top of crust. Bake for another 45 min.

Thanks for visiting!

Beth



LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails