Monday, March 31, 2014

For the love of tulips

Tulips are my favorite spring time flower. Last fall I planted around 100 bulbs - all are red, white, or red and white. They should be lovely - can't wait to see them! In the meantime, I have daffodils poking through the soil but no blooms. I've begun spring garden clean up - but there's nothing pretty to show!

However, in past years I've photographed many beautiful tulips and would like to share a few today...soon, I'll share those in my garden as well as Pella's Tulip Time beauties.

 Brinkhoff Park, Pella

 Fringed tulips in Pella



 A pleasing color combination in tulips enmasse

 These tulips look like peonies.

 I love the color and form of these beautiful tulips.

 Even the cookies are tulip-shaped in Pella!

 Spring color abounds - the tall plant is Frittalaria Imperialis (Crown Imperial)





TULIPS - There's nothing else like them! Beautiful!



LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails