Tuesday, July 7, 2015

A few of our garden Rooms

Garden rooms are distinct areas within the gardens as a whole. Here at Sunsplash Gardens, we have several garden rooms.

Sharing a few today:

COTTAGE GARDEN:

The cottage garden is my favorite area of the garden, well, usually it is...sometimes, due to profuse bloom in another area, I'll say a different garden room is my favorite. A cottage garden is informal with dense plantings. It looks lush and exuberant.







PICKET FENCE GARDEN:









DAYLILY JUNCTION:

This area is blooming prolifically now. I love it!




 'Inner Destiny'

 'Jungle Beauty'

 'Strawberry Candy'

 'Winter Treasure'

 'Blueberry Candy'

'Julie Fassett'


THE COURTYARD AND THE COURTYARD GARDEN:




Sophia in the courtyard garden
This garden is new after our garden re-do last fall. I've planted two climbing roses there and a 'Limelight' hydrangea, among other things. I'll have to show you more as it develops over time. 


POND GARDEN:


 Quickly becoming a favorite garden room; can you see why?






HOSTA FARM:

This large garden room traverses the width of the property. It's on the fencerow shared with the horse pasture.



We have about 1000 hostas in various gardens - by far the most reside in the hosta farm.

I hope you enjoyed seeing some of our garden rooms. At another time, I'll show you additional garden rooms here at Sunsplash Gardens.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails