Monday, October 27, 2014

God's Paintbrush

In Autumn, it looks like God took a great big paintbrush and colored the trees and shrubs in glorious color. Here's what my late October garden looks like:


 A very colorful corner at Sunsplash Gardens (in the rocky garden area)




 The purple beautyberry (callicarpa) and burning bush


 Two of my four blueberry bushes - several different cultivars* - are turning color

*When I investigated the planting of blueberries, I read that one should plant more than one variety to enhance fruiting. Unfortunately, I didn't write down the cultivar names.

My blueberries have performed very well. And they are lovely come fall!




 A few mums and a faux jack-o-lantern


 My two pots of Supertunia 'Vista Bubblegum' on the deck have done well. They get lots of sun there.


 The roses continue to bloom - I believe this pretty one is Buck Rose 'Griff's Red.'


 A garden visitor (Praying Mantis). I find these creatures fascinating!


 Geranium 'Rozanne' is still full of bloom.


 Love the beautyberry!


And, just in case you're wondering about the project - the pergola is done, courtyard is in progress, and if you look closely you can see a trench and a hole here - it will be a stream with a waterfall and pond. This is work day 12 on the Big Transition. And quite a transition it is! We're loving it, and looking forward to completion, possibly (probably) this week.

Enjoy your week!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails