Monday, May 21, 2012

Dinner on the deck

It's dinner on the deck for Ron and I tonight.


I made orange spice iced tea and I'm serving it in Grandma's cut glass pitcher.


Ron's not a tea drinker; he's having lemonade.


I purchased these colorful floral melamine plates at the Master Gardener plant sale...they were on the "garden art" table. I thought they would be cute for occasions like dinner on the deck.


Peonies from my garden make a lovely centerpiece.


When you eat outside, you sometimes get visitors...actually, he's here for the grape jelly.


Dinner is grilled chicken and baked potatoes...we're eating light so we can save room for dessert!

 I continue to practice my cake decorating skills. I'm having lots of fun doing that!


These are candy clay roses. I learned to make them by watching a YouTube video. Here is the link for a tutorial on making candy clay roses.


Devil's food cake with white buttercream icing and a side of vanilla ice cream...mmmmmm!


 Admiring my pretty cake


"Iced tea may not have as much wisdom as hot tea, but in the summer better a cool and refreshed dullard than a steamy sweat-drenched sage-leave sagacity to the autumn!" ~Linda Solgato


Thanks for joining me for the following parties:  Tea Time Tuesday, Tea In The Garden, and Tuesday Cuppa Tea.

So glad you stopped by!
Beth



LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails