Thursday, May 3, 2012

Don's Stunning Woodland Garden

Before I was a blogger, I was a blog-reader. I read garden blogs like An Iowa Garden and A Gardener In Progress, and a dog/farm life blog by Jon Katz, Bedlam Farm Journal.

Since I began my blogging journey, I've "met" many wonderful people online. In addition I have had the privilege of meeting a few in person. Yesterday Ron and I met Don, the Iowa Gardener who has a fabulous woodland garden, and his wife Liz. I took a few photos so I could share his garden with you.

Welcome to Don's woodland garden in eastern Iowa.


Rambling ground cover spills onto a rock wall.


Fungus and moss on a fallen log


Ladyslipper orchid - I've decided this is a must have for my garden - SO BEAUTIFUL!


Rue anemone


Hostas and a silvery green fern


Azaleas, rhododendrons, and Japanese maples abound.


Don has many orchids in his garden, and they are absolute stunners.



Paris lancifolia 


Heucherella 'Stoplight'


Weigela


Euphorbia 'Gloria Hall'


Heucherella 'Sweet Tea'


The leaves of this Japanese maple look almost fuchsia in color.





Glorious color: Azaleas


Arisaema sikokianum


Gorgeous!
Trillium luteum


Serenity in the woods

If you'd like to visit Don's garden online, click here. Although he no longer blogs, there is a lot of fabulous information, humor, and photography in his archives and I highly recommend you visit.

I appreciate the tour of Don's garden, and enjoyed meeting Don and his wife Liz in their eastern Iowa woodland garden.

Thanks for stopping by Beyond The Garden Gate!

Beth

Linking to Fertilizer Friday




LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails