Monday, May 7, 2012

In the Garden, April-May 2012

Hi! Welcome to Beyond The Garden Gate! This is where I talk about my garden, my table (including tea), and my life. Today I wish to share the flowers in my garden this spring.

I'm Beth, the gardener. Let's go outside and take a look around.



Clematis 'Josephine' is filled with blooms. I counted 38!







Clematis 'Multi Blue'



A lupine is peeking out








Papaver orientale 'Royal Wedding'



Cherubs in the garden










 Pansies


Variegated Solomon's seal



Tree peony 'Goldfinch'
It smells good, too!


Archangel, a type of lamium



A Japanese maple in the serenity garden


 Some Danova mix primulas, which are not hardy in my area but will be potted up to winter inside...I just love their cheery little two-color faces.






Have you seen this on your rose leaves and wondered about the cause? Well, wonder no more...



...eeowww! It's a rose slug - hand pick or use an insecticidal soap, neem oil, or Sevin to erradicate.



Verbascum




Thanks for visiting!

Beth

Linking today to Bloomin' Tuesday

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails