Thursday, August 9, 2012

August in Iowa

As seen at the Discovery Garden at the Iowa State Fair


Same location - love the white caladiums

Big ceramic ice cream cones at the Iowa State Fair (last year it was decorated ceramic butter cows):










Now to Sunsplash Gardens (mine):
Still getting strawberries...


The honeysuckle has bloomed all season long. The hummingbirds love it.


'Prairie Wildfire'



Mallow






Hemerocallis 'Blackeyed Susan' rebloomed.


The foxglove that self-seeded are blooming in white, ivory, and pink.



Kiss Me Over the Garden Gate




The cleome are plentiful this year, spread throughout the gardens.



This lupine is reblooming.



The first monarch caterpillar I've seen this year


"I appreciate the misunderstanding I have had with Nature over my perennial border. I think it is a flower garden; she thinks it is a meadow lacking grass, and tries to correct the error."

Linking to Fertilizer Friday


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails