Thursday, December 20, 2012

An Iowa Christmas Card

 This year's tree
 I decorated very simply, using dried hydrangea blossoms from the garden and faux poinsettias interspersed with red balls and a pretty lace angel from a special friend.





 There is an abundance of goodies in the house this time of year.


 Holly china and a glittery silver tabletop tree





 Last year's tree: last year, it was the large artificial tree with colored lights and white poinsettias; this year, it's the slim tree with white lights and red poinsettias.

I like the large, full tree better, but it's a BEAR to carry up from the basement!  lol


 I have three types of Christmas china, which I have a great deal of fun using.














 A greenhouse full of colorful poinsettias







 The one that I brought home; this is just one plant; I think you can see it is trying to revert to its parentage. Pretty, though, isn't it?





 It was SNOW beautiful when I captured this photo last winter. Look how big those flakes are!


 A chippy-paint barn in the snow, framed by ice-covered tree branches


A garden visitor


 My sweet Tortie
 Snow in the cottage garden
Merry Christmas from Sunsplash Gardens!

Jesus is the reason for the season. Let us honor Him and love our fellow man.

Linking to Home, Open House, and Home and Garden Thursday


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails