Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Wisconsin Bloggers get a visit from Beth and Ron!

Today I'm showcasing two beautiful gardens that we visited recently.

On Friday, we drove up to Larry and Sarah's home. Larry blogs at Conrad Art Glass and Gardens.
Larry and Sarah live in a former cheese factory that they have converted into a unique and beautiful home. They garden on approximately two acres that feature many trees, shrubs, annuals, and perennials.

Let's start the garden tour!

 The back of Larry and Sarah's home


 The daylily bed is about to burst with color. Note the beautiful edging to Larry's garden beds.


 Asiatics, daylilies and cleamatis are featured in this bed.




 'Invicibelle Spirit' and 'Annabelle'


 The handcrafted arbor, clematis to the left and right; New Millenium delphinums on the right; a conifer and oleander in the foreground


 Stunning!


 Beautifully manicured lawn and beautiful trees


 Ferns, hostas, foxglove, and corydalis


 Rhododendron walk


 There are 4 or 5 different clematis on this arbor. The color combinations are so pretty.


Actaea racemosa  (formerly known as Cimicifuga) - I love this plant!

Ron and I want to thank Larry and Sarah for their hospitality and for allowing me to show off their gardens. If I have misidentified any plant, Larry, please let me know and I'll make a correction.

The following day we drove up to Karen and Carl's. Karen blogs at Quarry Gardens Stained Glass. Karen and Carl have built a quarry with pond in their backyard, and that's not all. They have many beautiful gardens on their acreage and it was a privilege to tour.

Now it's your turn to take the tour through my camera lens!

Most of these photos are of the quarry area. It is a creative wonder!
















 The River Bed


The Shade Garden, an oasis in the hot days of summer

Ron and I want to thank Karen and Carl for their hospitality and for allowing me to show off their gardens. If I have misidentified anything, Karen, please let me know and I'll make a correction.

After visiting these two fabulous Wisconsin gardens, we headed up to Mackinac Island in Michigan. I'll be posting about that trip later this week.

I'm so glad you stopped by. I encourage you to pay a visit to Karen and Larry's blogs as well. You will definitely enjoy yourself!



LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails