Thursday, February 23, 2012

Looking forward to Spring

When the crocus bloom, and the daffodils begin to bud, then I will welcome the newness that is Spring.

Today it is gloomy, rainy, and definitely not quite Spring. But it will come. In the meantime, I reflect on past Springs.



Brilliant pink silhouetted against a robin's egg blue sky


 There's no grander fragrance than that of a lilac.



Money doesn't grow on (in) trees, but sometimes hostas do! A few years back, Ron the hosta lover put a little soil and a tiny piece of hosta into this tree. It comes back every year.



Daffodils, one of my favorite Spring flowers



 I adore tulips. The next few photos are from Tulip Time in the Dutch community of Pella, Iowa. If only MY tulips were to look so good! I did plant a number of "perennial" tulip bulbs last fall...will see how long lasting they really are...and if the squirrels managed to dig out many of my bulbs...



The purity of white



 Brinkmeyer Park in Pella has lots of tulips as well as this pretty windmill.



A pretty "lady" in a Dutch costume graces this Pella store window.

I don't know about you, but I am really looking forward to Spring!

Linking to Fertilizer Friday at Tootsie Time. Be sure to stop over and see the beautiful flowers, as well as Tootsie's new home, which she is remodeling.

Thanks for visiting!

Beth

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails