Thursday, February 7, 2013

Fun with containers

Containers in the garden: do you like them? They really can add a lot, but my problem with containers is the need to water frequently. For that reason, I don't have a lot of them, but here are some I've put together over the years.


 One summer we purchased matching brown containers for the deck. This one I filled with petunias, calibrachoa, porcupine grass, and creeping jenny. At the end of the season, I transplanted the creeping jenny into my garden.


 This one had a bronze sweet potato vine, petunias, calibrachoa, verbena, and a spike.  I think the colors in this one are so unusual - at least they are for my garden, which is big on pinks and purples.

I really loved both of these containers as they grew over the season..


 Every year I plant a tub with sweet potato vine. I use 4-5 in the tub for quicker filling in.


 More petunias, calibrachoa, and verbena. So colorful as a centerpiece on my table!


 This tub was filled with red and orange zinnias and an ivy.


 I like this pump that my mother-in-law gave to me. Every year we hang an old bucket planted with flowers there.


 A chippy paint chair and a (very) small begonia - it looked better as the season progressed, honest!


 We like hanging baskets on the underside of the deck, in our patio area. I save the ferns over the winter.

Right now there are four big ferns sitting on the bed in the guest room!




Can I cheat and call this a "container?" I like my little cup and saucer on a stick. It's so cute when I put a little flower in it!


In honor of Valentine's Day, a heart-shaped leaf on a morning glory.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Linking to Home and Garden Thursday, Open House, Share Your Cup Thursday, and Fertilizer Friday




LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails