Sunday, January 15, 2012

Tea Time Tuesday - A Generous Spirit

I pray that within me will grow a more generous spirit. 2 Corinthians 8:7 says, "But just as you excel in everything-in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in your love for us-see that you also excel in this grace of giving." God doesn't need our things. But he gives us creativity and talent, and designed us to be about the business of doing things for Him. What gifts or resources has God blessed me (you) with? How can I (you) make use of something of myself (yourself) to give back to God? Generosity is one character trait I have chosen to work on this year. To read more about my "one word," click here.

 I'd love to share a cup of tea with you, and some lively conversation. Today's tea is "Florence," a chocolate hazelnut tea from Harney and Sons. Harney and Sons offer over 200 varieties of fine tea. "Florence" is one of my favorites; another favorite is "Vanilla Comoro," a decaffeinated black tea; and another, "Yin Hao Jasmine."

 I've also saved you a slice of Cranberry Poppyseed Pound Cake.

 Tea, and generosi-tea...

As a candle provides light, so Jesus is the light of the world.

It's a privilege to link to Tea Time Tuesday, hosted by the most gracious Sandi of Rose Chintz Cottage. Be sure to visit our hostess Sandi and her participants, and listen up!

There's a very special Tea Time Tuesday coming up NEXT week. It's the second anniversary of Tea Time Tuesday and Sandi's celebrating by inviting us all to join her for Rose Week (she adores roses) for Tea Time Tuesday.

See you there!
Thanks for visiting!
Beth

15 comments:

Nancy said...

Hello Beth,
I think your beautiful posts represents your generous spirt. You give so many of us joy to view your blog.
Thank you for being a follower of my blog.
Nancy @ Two Cottages And Tea

Lavender Cottage said...

Hi Beth
You truly have a generous spirit. I know you walk dogs, give many hours as a MG and I'm sure there is more that you do in your community.
You're also a good friend, one I'm proud to know through our blogs.
Hugs,
Judith

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Morning Beth,
What a lovely post. That cranberry poppyseed cake looks wonderful, and I do like me some tea......especially in the Winter time. course, I like
Iced tea all year accept for the Winter time.
Your goal of generosity is a very good one, and you share lovely and beautiful places and flowers with us all year that add beauty to our days,
so I appreciate your generous spirit so much, you are a lovely lady.
Blessings for a great day hon,
Nellie

Rettabug said...

Gosh, does this look lovely, Beth! I should do more photos of tea time, as I'm a BIG tea fan.

I'm impressed with your generosity already! I have learned so many things from you about gardening & recipes, etc. You share every day by what you post on your blog.

Hugs,
Rett

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello dear Beth,
What a lovely post! I am so happy you are not shy to share your love for Jesus.
It is always a pleasure to visit you, my friend, and your post today is no exception. Photos are wonderful and your poppy seed loaf looks delicious! Thank you for joining me for tea today and I wish you a delightful week.

Blessings and hugs,
Sandi

~Tablescapes By Diane~ said...

Hi lovely lady.
I love coming over and view your Beautiful post. I hope you have a wonderful week with your family.
Come see my new tablescape and my kitchen if you can.
XXOO Diane

Sherry said...

Beth,
Your tea is lovely! I like your one word. I was reading on several blogs about the one word idea and I thought I might like a new word each month! LOL I am sure I could focus on several. You picked a great word! Thanks for stopping by and your kind comments!
Sherry

High Heeled Life said...

Your poppy seed cake looks absolutely scrumptious!! Harney and Sons do have some fabulous teas. I'm currently sipping my way through their Paris blend, which my sister gifted me at Christmas!! Thank you for your visit and wonderful comment. Blessings, xo HHL

Cindy F. Adkins said...

Oh, yum! Looking at all these Tea Cup Tuesday posts are making me hungry! Lovely post!
Hugs, Cindy

Antiques And Teacups said...

Oh my goodness your pound cake looks delicious! And your post is just a as tasty and satisfying. Thanks so much for your view on life which enriches many of ours.
Ruth

Miss Val's Creations said...

Beautiful post Beth. Generosity is such a great thing. The more generous I am, the better I feel! The pound cake looks so delicious!

Snap said...

Chocolate hazelnut tea sounds so good and the cranberry poppy seed cake makes my mouth water! What a love tea you've set for us today! Happy Tea Day!

Johanna said...

Dear Beth,
I could sit hours, listen to the lovely music and thinking about your words. Thats a true delight for the soul. And when I imagine, I could sip a Chocolat hazelnut tea with a slice of this yummy cake, that add delight for the body. So your tea time is perfect.
Best greetings, Johanna

P.S.: Judith told me that you couldn't comment on my blog. I hope I could solve the problem with the hint, you gave Judith. Thank you for this, too.

Pat's Pink Apron said...

Beth,
Hello!
Love your post. I hope to make it to tea next week.
Pat

Red Couch Recipes said...

Beth, I would like a piece of the pound cake -- there is just something about poppy seeds in a cake isn't there? Joni

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails