Friday, May 3, 2013

It's Tulip Time!

Growing up near Pella, Iowa, the words Tulip Time held a special meaning, that being a three-day festival celebrating tulips and Dutch heritage. Remember my visits to Pella for Tulip Time over the past three years?

 We saw Delft...


 antique and vintage items...








 bakery treats...and, of course...


 tulips!


















While I don't have nearly as many tulips as Pella businesses and citizens, I DO have tulips. And, I'm happy to say that it's Tulip Time at Sunsplash Gardens!

 Two little groupings of tulips - next spring, I'll have more! I adore tulips.











 I have hundreds of daffodils blooming here as well.








 The garden is really greening up. Do you see the white stuff, though? For the first time since 1967 we experienced a May snowstorm.  :-(








 Snow beautiful...but I don't like it...










I hope you're enjoying Tulip Time in your area too! Preferably WITHOUT snow!

Linking to Fertilizer Friday and HOME


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails