Wednesday, May 8, 2013

It's Tulip Time in Pella

The weather wasn't perfect, but the tulips were beautiful and the people watching superb. We enjoyed seeing the citizens dressed in Dutch clothing, especially the children.

The people of Tulip Time:







 Me - I have no Dutch costume but I found a great place to pose.

The flowers of Tulip Time:












Other things to see at Tulip Time:

 Molengracht Plaza, which replicates Dutch canals and features shops and the Royal Amsterdam Hotel


 The windmill at the Historic Village

The goodies were abundant -
Delft china and fabulous baked goods at Vander Ploeg Bakery


Yummies at Jaarsma's Bakery


Dutch letters - have you ever made these? I have, a long time ago. They actually are quite labor-intensive, and unless you need a large quantity, you're better off in terms of $$$ to just buy a couple from the bakery.

I have made a fantastic alternative to Dutch letters, Taste of Home's Almond bars with almond paste. See my previous post for more information and a link to the recipe if you're interested.

Beautiful examples of authentic Dutch costumes in a store window


I love tulips, I love Dutch letters, I love Dutch costumes, and 


I LOVE TULIP TIME!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails