Thursday, May 2, 2013

Flowers of Texas - and Iowa

We recently returned from a few days in Texas, visiting our daughter and her family. I was able to photograph some pretty flowers.

Did you learn the Texas Bluebonnet song when you were in elementary school?  (Due to copyright, I am not able to print it here.)

Someone designated their front yard a Bluebonnet Preserve.



 Bluebonnets are a type of lupine. They are different from the lupines that grow in my gardens, although I do have some blue ones.


 A type of oxalis

 A lovely flower on a tree/shrub. Not sure what this one is either.


 Bottlebrush plant, a shrub with lovely flowers


Blue plumbago in the background, with petunias in the foreground


When I got home, I was pleasantly surprised to see LOTS of colorful blooms in my own garden.
 The creeping phlox has begun creeping...and blooming as well.


 These are pansies that I planted last fall. I was pleasantly surprised that they survived over the winter.


 The tulips are blooming.


 Love this little primula - so colorful!


 The daffodils (here, in the hosta farm) are blooming and there are many varieties.












Linking to Fertilizer Friday



LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails