Thursday, September 27, 2012

Adding Color to the Autumn Garden

Welcome to Beyond The Garden Gate. I primarily blog about my garden, although I also like to join several lovely ladies for tea time, and I do publish the occasional recipe or travel feature as well. Today it's the garden; to be precise, the autumn garden.

 When I planted 'Blue Paradise' phlox last week, I thought that would be my final plant purchase of the season. However, I changed my mind.


 I've been re-designing this area...it needs help, doesn't it?


 I added ornamental cabbage, pansies, mums,


 and a couple of pumpkins. It looks much better now - so colorful, and not so much empty space.






 
 

 
 
 A solution that left me with brilliant color for fall, at least in one area of my garden.


Next, a peek at the rest of the garden:

 Cleome


 Asters


 Mandevilla





 Clematis 'Rebecca'


Blue Forget-me-nots





 Pineapple Sage





Hydrangea 'Pinky Winky'


In the garden, color makes a powerful statement.

I want to say also that Bernideen's fall garden was my inspiration for the change in my border garden.

"Gardening is about enjoying the smell of things growing in the soil, getting dirty without feeling guilty, and generally taking the time to soak up a little peace and serenity." ~Lindley Karstens


Linking to Fertilizer Friday, Home and Garden Thursday, and Open House

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails