Monday, September 24, 2012

Autumn Tea

Welcome to Beyond The Garden Gate, where I blog about my garden, my table, and my life. Today it's time for tea!

I have begun decorating for fall, both inside and out.


 I love my red door! It does coordinate well with an autumn colors wreath.


 On my breakfast nook table:  a tiny scarecrow surrounded by faux flowers and leaves


 Just for fun: Wooden acorns and a little pumpkin made by my daughter when she was 11 years old - the same age my grandson is now


 Here's my teacup. I found this at a thrift shop. There are no marks on the cup or saucer.


 Roses and gold filigree on the saucer


 Does this plate match? Well, not exactly, but close....


 I purchased this plate on our "almost annual" trip to Hermann, Missouri, also known as the home of Oktoberfest and Missouri wine country.


Speaking of Hermann, here's a photo of Ron and I and our friends in Hermann last fall.



 I'm serving Rooibos Chai Tea today - chai is a little heavier, a little spicier, and thus great for fall.







Are the trees in your area turning color yet? For the most part, not yet here in central Iowa. With the drought we've had, one must wonder if we'll have a spectacular fall show this year. However, I do have a little autumn beauty to share from photos I took last fall.














May you always have walls for the winds, a roof for the rain, tea beside the fire, laughter to cheer you, those you love near you...and all your heart might desire. ~Irish Blessing

Linking to A Return to Loveliness, Tea Time Tuesday, Tuesday Cuppa Tea, and Tea in the garden

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails