Thursday, October 11, 2012

The color of Autumn

The color of Autumn:  is it RED?

My dogwood is showing glorious color.





Cherry brandy Rudbeckia


Is it PURPLE?

 Callicarpa
 
 






Is it YELLOW?














Is it BROWN?







Is it PINK?

 DA Rose 'Bishop's Castle'





Is it BLUE?

 Forget-me-nots
 
 



As you can see, Autumn in the midwest is colorful. However, I'm really missing this (taken just a month ago).




 Pretty now: ornamental grasses (I don't know the variety of this one)





I've been busy raking up pine needles at the neighbor's to mulch my garden. Love the color and smell of the fresh pine straw!

Dog lovers, if you missed my post about Trisha the pittie, click here to read about her and see some adorable pictures.

Linking up to the following great parties: Open House, Home and Garden Thursday, and Fertilizer Friday


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails