Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Colors of Spring: Pink

It's still winter here in the Midwest, and as I long for spring I've looked through and posted some lovely pinks from the springs of 2010, 2011, and 2012. I had fun looking through my garden photo archives (much better than looking out at the brown and white outside my window). 

Spring cannot come soon enough!


 Abundant blooms on a flowering crabapple tree


 Magnificent Magnolia (in someone else's yard)


 It won't be long before we see hellebores, the first of our flowers to show themselves in the early spring garden.


 I just love rhododendrons and azaleas.


 Tulips are such joyful flowers, and I as I look at this picture, I wonder why I didn't plant more tulip bulbs last fall!


 Flowering almond


 I love Virginia bluebells. Notice the blooms begin as pink.


 One of several creeping phlox in my garden


 A delicately colored hellebore


 Primulas have become a favorite of mine. I started many from seed last year and anxiously await their arrival this spring.


 A ladyslipper orchid in a friend's woodland garden - talk about beautiful!


 Columbine


These are tulips that resemble peonies, photographed at Tulip Time in Pella, Iowa.

"Surely, if you are privileged to own a plot of earth, it's your duty both to God and man, to make it beautiful." ~ Beverly Nichols

Linking to Fertilizer Friday, Open House, and Home and Garden Thursday





LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails