Thursday, January 10, 2013

The day 500 people walked through my garden

Sunsplash Gardens, the place where I reside and garden, is a source of joy and pride. I was delighted to be a part of the Polk County Master Gardeners' 2011 Garden Tour. Over 500 people viewed my garden that day.

Here's some of what they saw.

They saw Beth and Ron, Master Gardeners - not dressed like this, of course!


They saw a little garden art:






 My son built this bench for me; it's modeled after Tootsie's.




They saw outdoor tablescaping:








They saw raised beds:
The foxes were NOT there on tour day.  lol

They saw vegetables:








They saw a demonstration on composting:




and, of course, they saw FLOWERS!
 Supertunia 'Vista Bubblegum'


 Lambs' ears


 Rose 'Double Delight'


 Clematis 'Niobe' (I think)


 Dianthus


Achillea 'Paprika'


 Hemerocallis 'Frans Hals'


 Cleome


Rudbeckia 'Indian Summer,' a re-seeding annual 


If they were lucky, they saw a butterfly on the Verbena bonariensis.

It was a fulfilling, deeply gratifying day: the day 500 people walked through my garden.*

* by the way, the garden has expanded and is even better now!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails